Number 18 of the principles of open source software building struck a chord with me. It states this: “to solve an interesting problem, start by finding a problem that is interesting to you”. I phrased the problem that is interesting to me: how to build an organisation / community that exists outside of capitalist ideology whilst existing physically within its boundaries? And this is what I came up with:
- no gas
- no electricity
- no food products
- nothing bought with money
- all materials found or someone else’s excess donated freely and unconditionally
- we go to it and use it and come away again
- it’s free to use
- anyone can use it at any time
Where? If it’s an art project will the council agree to the use of a piece of land?
- Plans/help in making safe structures – how have other artists overcome this?
An open source meeting with people interested in collaborating?
Could cycle to Prestex House and talk to whoever is there about it.